Aloe vera used worldwide for beauty, health, acne treatment and acne scars. Aloe vera cultivated on large scale for medicines. You will see how to use aloe vera for acne scars.
Today aloe vera used for cosmetology. There are so many products of aloe vera like aloe vera gel, skin lotions, and ointments for sunburns.
What makes aloe vera so useful is that it can be planted at home in a pot.
The word “aloe” is derived from an Arabic word “Alloeh” which means shining bitter substance. And “vera” is Latin word meaning true.
Ancient civilizations were the big fan of aloe vera. The most beautiful queen of Egypt Cleopatra used aloe vera for her beauty.
It is also useful for healing of wounds so used by Greeks in wars. 75 active constituents including vitamins, sugars, lignin, salicylic acids, saponins and amino acids make it a universal panacea.
It was known as the plant of immortality by Egyptians. (1)
- Does Aloe Vera help Acne Scars?
- How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
- Aloe Vera and Honey for Acne Scars
- Aloe Vera and Lemon for Acne Scars
- Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera Gel for Acne Scars
- Olive Oil and Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
- Baking Soda and Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
- Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil for Acne Scars
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for Scars
- Gram flour, Turmeric, and Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe Vera Juice for Acne Scars (Internal Intake)
- Aloe Vera and Almond Powder
- How to apply Aloe Vera on Face directly from Plant
- Where to buy Aloe Vera Gel for Face
- Aloe Vera Juice Cautions
Does Aloe Vera help Acne Scars?
Can aloe vera treat acne scars? You may ask this because there is very little research on the benefits of aloe vera for acne scars. It is an amazing plant but can you use it for acne scars. Let’s find out.
- Aloe vera helps in healing of wounds fast. It is used widely and found effective in the treatment of wrinkles, stretch marks, and pigmentations.
- It improves blood circulation around the wound and therefore speed up wound healing and prevents cell death.(2)
- It is anti-inflammatory in nature and hence can prevent skin damage if you are suffering from acne.
- It is enriched with gibberellins and polysaccharides compounds. These compounds promote cell growth to rejuvenate the damaged skin cells.
- It is also effective in delaying the appearance of skin damage during and after radiations.
- Aloe vera gel has anti-aging properties. It increases collagen production in the skin thus improves wrinkles and elasticity. (3)
- Aloe vera reduce redness of skin and dehydrate skin cells.
- Aloe vera enriched with vitamins and minerals which produces more blood and treat deep acne scars.
- It contains vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. It fights free radicals and slows the aging of cells naturally.
- Aloe vera’s fast wound healing property doesn’t allow acne scars to appear.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
It is better to get information about how to use aloe vera for the treatment of acne scars. Aloe vera gel can be used for the treatment of acne scars. Aloe vera juice can also be used for the treatment of acne scars.
You can easily grow aloe vera plant at home or you can buy it from a store. If used with other remedies it can treat acne scars faster. Let’s check out the best way to get rid of acne scars using aloe vera.
Aloe Vera and Honey for Acne Scars
According to research, honey has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help honey in wound healing even faster than powerful antibacterial drugs in the market.
Use of honey reduced healing time and scarring in even second-degree burn patients. (4)
How to Use
- Take one tablespoon aloe vera gel and one tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Mix both ingredients to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on face and neck for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash face after 15 minutes with warm water and soak with a towel.
- Use this paste for acne scars daily for one month for good results.
Aloe Vera and Lemon for Acne Scars
Lemon juice is enriched with Vitamin C and citric acid. Lemon juice kills acne-causing bacteria and opens clogged pores.
Lemon juice help in the development of collagen, protein helps in skin cell regeneration. Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) presents in lemon juice exfoliate dead skin cells and allow new cells to appear.
Lemon juice is a natural bleach for acne scars.
How to Use
- Mix aloe vera gel and lemon juice in equal quantities.
- Make a paste and apply on pimple marks.
- You can use some water if irritation occurs.
- Let the paste dry and rinse with water.
- Use it regularly for some days.
Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera Gel for Acne Scars
Tea tree oil has antibacterial and anti-microbial properties. It can kill acne-causing bacteria and can also kill MRSA or staph infections in the hospitals.
It has soothing properties and good for inflammation and itching relief. It can penetrate deep into skin to remove toxins. It unclogs follicles to lighten acne scars.
How to Use
- Add 2 drops of tea tree oil to one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Add 1 or 2 drops of water and apply on pimple scars.
- Let it dry for some time.
- Wash with warm water.
- For best results use it 5 to 6 times in a week.
Olive Oil and Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
Olive oil is non-comedogenic and that’s why does not clog the skin pores. Olive oil contains phenolic compounds which are antioxidants and protect skin from oxidative damage.
It is also anti-inflammatory in nature which protects skin from damage due to acne. The nutrients and vitamins in olive oil keep skin smooth, soft and healthy. Extra virgin olive oil works better for acne scars.
How to Use
- Take one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix olive oil with half tablespoon fresh aloe vera gel
- Make a paste and apply on acne scars for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash paste with water after rubbing.
- Use this aloe and olive oil remedy 5 to 6 times in a week for good results.
Baking Soda and Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
Baking soda is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial in nature. It is used on a large scale in dermatology. It can remove excess oil and dirt to rejuvenate your skin.
It is natural bleaching agent which can fade the acne marks and lighten the skin tone. It can maintain pH level of skin as it is alkaline in nature.
How to Use
- Take one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix it with one tablespoon baking soda.
- Mix it well to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to affected areas for half an hour.
- Wash after half an hour with warm water.
- Use this paste twice in a week for good results.
- If your skin becomes too dry you can add honey to the paste.
Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil for Acne Scars
Coconut oil contains vitamins like vitamin E and K which are good for your skin. Coconut oil is good for collagen production in the skin which helps skin being more elastic and scare-free.
It has anti-inflammatory properties which soothe skin and keep it irritation free. It contains lauric acid which is anti-fungal and anti-viral that kills acne-causing bacteria.
How to Use
- Take one tablespoon aloe vera gel and coconut oil.
- Mix them together to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected areas for 15 minutes.
- Wash after 15 minutes.
- Use it 5 to 6 times in a week for better results.
Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for Scars
According to researchers, Vitamin E can heal your wounds and acne faster. According to a study (5), Vitamin E before and after surgery improved surgical wound healing.
The group who take Vitamin E before and after surgery thrice first and twice after did not develop keloids. Vitamin E also protects the body from free radicals and slow down aging.
How to Use
- Cut one Vitamin E capsule in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon aloe vera gel to the bowl.
- Mix it well and apply to acne scars.
- Wash after some time with lukewarm water.
- Apply aloe Vitamin E daily for fast results.
Gram flour, Turmeric, and Aloe Vera Gel
Gram flour cleans skin pores and removes dirt and dead skin cells. It contains minerals like calcium, potassium, and selenium which flourish skin.
Turmeric is antibacterial and antiseptic which soothes skin and remove pimple marks. Curcumin present in turmeric is antioxidant and reduces the effect of free radicals on skin.
How to Use
- Mix one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and gram flour.
- Add a half tablespoon of turmeric.
- Add some drops of rosewater to it.
- Apply mask on face and affected areas.
- Let it dry for some time and wash with water.
- Use this face pack 3 to 4 times in a week.
Aloe Vera Juice for Acne Scars (Internal Intake)
Aloe vera juice contains 75 potentially active nutrients which are good for health, skin, and hairs. It is an immunity booster which can help keeping acne away from you.
It can flush out toxins from the body. Auxin and gibberellins, these two hormones heal acne fast and remove scars. It can heal sunburns fast and can protect skin from UV rays by absorbing 20 to 30%.
How to Use
- Add one tablespoon of aloe vera gel to one glass water.
- Mix it well and drink on empty stomach.
- You can add lemon juice in this to make it tasty.
- Drink it regularly for 2 to 3 months to see the results.
Aloe Vera and Almond Powder
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, which promotes healthy skin. Almond powder can act as a natural face scrub and remove dead cell to open unclogged pores.
Almond oil can be used to treat skin problems because of the high level of fatty acids.
How to Use
- Soak 4 to 5 almonds overnight.
- Peel off the almond skin and grind into the mixture to make powder.
- Add one tablespoon milk in this powder to make a paste.
- Mix this paste with one tablespoon of aloe gel.
- Apply this paste to face for 30 minutes.
- Wash with water and repeat it daily for good results.
How to apply Aloe Vera on Face directly from Plant
Aloe vera can be grown in a pot at home. It can be used for your beauty regime whenever you need. It is a very good alternative to costly beauty and skin products available in the market.
And of course, can save some dollars for you.
To use aloe vera gel for different aloe vera face mask cut fresh aloe leaf from the aloe plant. Cut aloe leaf from both sides and remove upper and lower layer.
- Extract aloe vera gel with the help of a spoon.
- Make a paste of aloe vera gel to apply to acne scars.
- Apply the paste on face and let it dry for some time.
- Wash face with water.
- You can use fresh aloe vera gel for scars and skin nourishment whenever required.
Where to buy Aloe Vera Gel for Face
Aloe vera gel can be extracted from aloe vera plant and used fresh aloe vera plant face wash or face mask. So you can buy an aloe vera plant and let it grow. Aloe vera plant can also be used for decoration purposes.
But if you don’t want to extract aloe vera gel from the plant than you can buy it from local store or online. It is very easily available online.
There are premade aloe vera face masks for acne scars available online. You can also buy aloe soap for beautiful scar free skin.
Aloe Vera Juice Cautions
Aloe vera plant produces aloe gel and aloe latex. Aloe gel is used for acne, sunburns, itchy skin etc. Aloe latex used mainly for constipation.
Aloe gel is jelly-like substance obtained from the center of aloe leaf. Aloe latex is obtained from the cells just beneath the leaf skin. Aloe latex is yellow in color. (6)
When you prepare aloe vera juice for internal intake just take aloe vera gel and avoid aloe latex carefully. When you purchase it from a store or online store make sure it is edible kind.
Aloe vera juice intake may cause diarrhea and loss of electrolyte.
Who should avoid Aloe Vera Juice
- Pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding woman
- During mensuration
- Appendicitis patients
- People suffering from abdominal pain