In menstrual cycle, if whitish or yellowish thin or thick vaginal discharge comes from the vagina that is called leucorrhoea. Leucorrhoea is called leukorrhea and leukorrhea in Hindi also called Shwet Pradar or Safed Pani. We bring leucorrhoea treatment by the change in lifestyle and with the help of natural remedies.
It is considered normal as long as it does not cause itching, irritation, discomfort and bad odour. Leucorrhoea generally continuous for several weeks/months and requires continuous treatment. It occurs due to hormonal changes in the body especially due to increased estrogen level.
Not all vaginal discharge is leucorrhoea. It may occur due to some factors like pregnancy, ovulation during
menstrual cycle or menopause. These type of secretions are normal and occurs regularly. These secretions do not cause any itching, discomfort or irritation.
- White or Yellowish Discharge in Undergarments
- Foul Smell
- Irritation or Pain in Vagina
- Pain in Stomach
- Lower Back Pain
- Leg Pain especially Calf and Thigh
- Burning Sensation during Urination
- Dark Circles under Eyes
- Itching in Vaginal Region
- Bacterial Infection in Vagina/Cervix
- Hormonal Disturbance
- Unhygienic Living Conditions
- Toxins in Body
- Eating Spicy and Fried Food
- Wounds in Vagina
- Irritation caused by IUD’s (Intra-uterine devices) used for Contraception
- Injury in Cervix due to Sexual activity, Childbirth or Miscarriages.
- Sexually transmitted diseases like Gonorrhea
- Inflammation in Cervix
Leucorrhoea Preventive Tips
- Always wear comfortable cotton panties
- Change your undergarments regularly, it will help to prevent bacteria that cause leukorrhoea
- Healthy sleep habits
- Always wipe your vagina from front to back after bowel movements
- Regularly change your panty liners, pads tampons etc.
- Proper use of contraceptives like condoms if the infection is present
- Change your damp or wet undergarments with irritant free soaps to remove bacteria
- Drink 8-10 glass of water in a day to release the toxins from body
- Eat healthy fruits and vegetables
- Take nutritious food which is low in sugar or spices and high in fibre, protein and carbohydrates
- Avoid beverages like coffee, tea
- Do exercise regularly
Leucorrhoea Treatment Home Remedies
It is mild and gives cooling effect in the body. It suppresses oestrogenic activity. It’s anti-inflammatory and
analgesic property is comparable of ibuprofen. To use it grind its roots and take 500 mg twice daily for 15 days.
It is the best tonic for the woman. It strengthens the uterine muscles. It has the ability to balance the pH level of the vagina. It stimulates the immune system and helps the body to release toxins. It is a natural precursor of natural phytoestrogen hormone which helps to maintain the healthy reproductive system.
Take Shatavari powder about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mixed in a glass of hot milk with honey or sugar. Shatavari powder is best leucorrhoea treatment in Ayurveda.
It can be used in leukorrhea during pregnancy also. It has the high amount of good bacteria which prevents from internal infections. It also improves digestion so eat some yoghurt daily or apply yoghurt around your vagina after few minutes wash it with water.
It has antimicrobial properties which cure vaginal infections. Grind 1 or 2 tablespoon of cumin seeds mix it with honey and apply on the vaginal area to cure the infection.
It has antimicrobial properties, help you to get rid of such infections. Consume 1 to 2 cloves of garlic with water empty stomach in the morning for 1 month. Garlic is the cheapest home remedy for leucorrhoea treatment.
Indian gooseberry in Hindi is called Amla is a natural cure for leukorrhea. It has lots of antioxidants which helps in releasing toxins and bacteria from the body.
Take 1 to 2 teaspoon of amla powder and 1 teaspoon of honey and add to 1 glass milk. Drink this daily to get rid of leucorrhea. You can apply its paste on your vaginal area.
Baking soda is useful for leucorrhoea treatment, it helps to regulate pH level and eliminate the foul smell. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of baking soda in 1 glass water and drink it daily for 15 days.
Banyan and Fig
The bark of banyan tree has anti-inflammatory, astringent and antiseptic properties. It helps cure leucorrhoea problem. Boil one tablespoon of the banyan tree and fig tree bork in 1 litre of water till it becomes 1/4th. Then let it cool to room temperature then use this liquid for douching. It keeps your vaginal area infection free.
It has antibacterial properties. It also heals your reproductive organs. Take some quantity of Amarnath roots boil it in water and drink it twice daily.
It is mucilaginous in nature, anti-fatigue, antihyperlipidemic and anti-diabetic properties. It helps to remove mucus from your body.
Boil 100 gm of ladyfinger in 1 litre of water, add sugar for taste. Boil it for 20 minutes and drink it everyday regularly for 15-30 days.
It is a rich source of fibre. It is a natural remedy to get rid of leukorrhea. Eat 1 overripe banana daily for positive results.
It tones up the uterine tissues and helps to prevent the discharge. Drink 2 tablespoon aloe vera juice daily on empty stomach in morning.